This competition closed on Sunday 19 September 2021. View entries and winner’s design.
Looking for something creative to do in lockdown? Why not enter our 2021 T-Shirt Design Competition to celebrate Te Whau Pathway and World Car Free Day!
The winner will receive a t-shirt emblazoned with their design and two for their friends, printed on a t-shirt by Solid Screenprinters in Glendene. Also, the winner will have the great honour of seeing their design on t-shirts being worn by Te Whau Pathway fans!
Tips and tricks
- Keep it simple!
Check out Dick Frizzell’s t-shirt design advice to Radio New Zealand.
- Keep to three or less colours. The design will be printed on a dark-coloured T-shirt.
- Try to keep your design in a 320mm(w) x 450mm(h) space. A good rule of thumb is to design it on A4.
- Celebrate the Te Whau Pathway community and the ideas of World Car Free Day.
- Include borders or watermarks.
- Use our logo (we are in the process of refreshing it). We will add the words ‘Te Whau Pathway’ to the winning design, or you may put them in your design. Oswald font is preferred.
How to enter
- Email your image to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Send it via a Facebook or Instagram post using the hashtag #tewhaupathwaylove
- Competition closes at 11pm on Sunday 19 September 2021
The fine print
The Whau Coastal Walkway Environmental Trust (WCWET) welcomes entries to Te Whau Pathway’s T-Shirt Design Competition for World Car Free Day (“Competition”). By entering this Competition, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following terms and conditions:
1. To enter, entrants must submit a design for the new Te Whau Pathway t-shirts. Designs must include ideas from World Car Free Day.
3. Entries can be submitted via email to email@example.com OR via a Facebook or Instagram post using the hashtag #tewhaupathwaylove.
3. If the WCWET cannot open or upload the entries submitted because of technical errors caused by file quality or if the file is damaged, the WCWET reserves the right not to include the entries in the competition. However the WCWET will work with you to ensure all entries are given the opportunity to be submitted.
4. The Competition commences on Tuesday 7th September 2021 at 1pm and ends on Sunday 19 September 2021 at 11pm. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
5. The Competition is open to any member of the public, residing in New Zealand. A person can only enter once and multiple entries will result in an entrant being disqualified. No group entries will be accepted.
6. Entrants under 18 years of age warrant that at the time of entry they have the permission of their parent/guardian to enter.
7. Every entrant warrants that all information submitted is true, current and complete. All designs must be original, previously unpublished, and free of copyright restrictions. WCWET reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who does not comply with these terms and conditions.
8. The winning designs will be used on official WCWET t-shirts, and may also be used on Te Whau Pathway and Auckland Council promotional materials, including posters, bookmarks, forms and fliers and websites.
9. All rights to the winning designs will belong to the WCWET. The WCWET reserves the right to modify the winning designs to fit with our branding templates and guidelines.
B. Entries, selection and prize draw
9. The Competition Winner will be decided by the WCWET.
10. Designs can be hand drawn or computer-generated.
11. The Competition Winner will be announced on the Te Whau Pathway website, the Te Whau Pathway Facebook page and the Te Whau Pathway Instagram account on World Car Free Day, Wednesday 22nd September 2021.
12. The Competition Winner will be contacted by email, Facebook or Instagram (from wherever they submitted their entry) within five (5) working days of the announcement. If entrants were under 18 at the time of entry, the WCWET will ask to contact a parent/guardian.
13. Designs should be one-dimensional for printing purposes. If submitted design is an image of a hand drawn design, there should be no glitter, glue or pictures stuck to the design.
14. The entrant warrants they have the specific consent of any identifiable faces/persons in their design to include them.
15. If the Competition Winner cannot be reached after three (3x) attempts, the runner-up will be awarded as the winner.
16. WCWET’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The Prize is that the winning design will be used on official WCWET t-shirts. The winner will receive a t-shirt of their design and two for friends.
18. If the Prize or part of the Prize becomes unavailable (for any reason), WCWET reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize at its own and sole discretion.
19. All entrants consent to WCWET using their names and home suburb and design entry for promotional purposes, external and internal marketing, promotion, communication and general publicity purposes in connection with the Competition, including displaying their names and design entries on the Te Whau Pathway website and Te Whau Pathway Facebook and Instagram page.
20. The Competition Winner also consents to participate and cooperate as required in all promotional activities relating to the Competition.
21. All information provided by the entrants will be collected, used, stored, disclosed and corrected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. All entrants have the right to access their information and request for any personal information to be corrected.
22. Anyone not a resident of New Zealand at the time of the announcement of the winner is not eligible to win any prize.
23. WCWET reserves the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the Competition at its sole discretion. WCWET also reserves the right to refuse to award the Prize to an entrant who is in breach of these Terms and Conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating in the Competition or won the Prize by using fraudulent means.
24. The Council acknowledges that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Each entrant completely releases Facebook or Instagram from any responsibility in relation to the Competition.
25. WCWET will not be liable for any claims for loss, damage or injury whatsoever or for any physical or mental injury suffered by any entrant or the Competition Winner as a result of or in connection with the Competition or due to the Prize won in the Competition.
26. WCWET reserves the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions at any time at their sole discretion, including extending, postponing or canceling the Competition.
27. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.