Join us in celebrating our local environment, by letting your creativity flow along the Whau River in our annual T-Shirt design competition. Leave the car at home and get inspired by exploring one of the wonderful pathways weaving along the Whau River. Draw, sketch, paint or create your design onto paper, phone or tablet.
Give it a go! The competition closes 11pm Sunday 10th September 2023.
Wear it your way: win a t-shirt with your own design!
|$300 and a t-shirt with|
your own design on it!
How to enter
- Make sure your artwork is less than 5MB.
- Email your image, name, and suburb to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11pm on Sunday 10th September 2023.
- Fit your design on a portrait A4 piece of paper. That’s a 320mm(w) x 450mm(h) space.
- Simple designs work best! If you’d like a real challenge, use only one or two colours.
- Blocks of colour print better than gradients.
- Don’t worry about the Te Whau Pathway logo – we’ll add it later!
Print an outline
Having trouble imagining how your design would look on a t-shirt? Our printable picture may help!
Check out the winning designs from previous years for a bit of inspiration.
The fine print
Te Whau Pathway Environmental Trust (TWPET) welcomes entries to Te Whau Pathway’s T-Shirt Design Competition for World Car Free Day (“Competition”). By entering this Competition, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following terms and conditions:
1. To enter, entrants must submit a design a Te Whau Pathway t-shirt. Designs must include ideas about World Car Free Day.
3. Entries are to be submitted via email to email@example.com.
3. If the TWPET cannot open or upload the entries submitted because of technical errors caused by file quality or if the file is damaged, the TWPET reserves the right not to include the entries in the competition. However the TWPET will work with you to ensure all entries are given the opportunity to be submitted.
4. The Competition commences on Thursday 22nd September 2022 and ends on Wednesday 19 October 2022 at 11pm. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
5. The Competition is open to any member of the public, residing in New Zealand, who is under the age 18. A person can only enter once and multiple entries will result in an entrant being disqualified. Group entries will be accepted.
6. Entrants under 18 years of age warrant that at the time of entry they have the permission of their parent/guardian to enter.
7. Every entrant warrants that all information submitted is true, current and complete. All designs must be original, previously unpublished, and free of copyright restrictions. TWPET reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who does not comply with these terms and conditions.
8. The winning designs may be used on official TWPET t-shirts, and may also be used on Te Whau Pathway and Auckland Council promotional materials, including posters, bookmarks, forms and fliers and websites.
9. All rights to the winning designs will belong to the TWPET. The TWPET reserves the right to modify the winning designs to fit with our branding templates and guidelines.
B. Entries, selection and prize draw
9. The Competition Winner will be decided by the TWPET.
10. Designs can be hand drawn or computer-generated.
11. The Competition Winner will be announced on the Te Whau Pathway website, the Te Whau Pathway Facebook page and the Te Whau Pathway Instagram account on World Car Free Day, Monday 31st October 2022.
12. The Competition Winner will be contacted by email within five (5) working days of the announcement. If entrants were under 18 at the time of entry, the TWPET will ask to contact a parent/guardian.
13. Designs should be one-dimensional for printing purposes. If submitted design is an image of a hand drawn design, there should be no glitter, glue or pictures stuck to the design.
14. The entrant warrants they have the specific consent of any identifiable faces/persons in their design to include them.
15. If the Competition Winner cannot be reached after three (3x) attempts, the runner-up will be awarded as the winner.
16. TWPET’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The Prize is $300 for the winning design, $100 for the runner up design and $50 for third place.
18. If the Prize or part of the Prize becomes unavailable (for any reason), TWPET reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize at its own and sole discretion.
19. All entrants consent to TWPET using their names and home suburb and design entry for promotional purposes, external and internal marketing, promotion, communication and general publicity purposes in connection with the Competition, including displaying their names and design entries on the Te Whau Pathway website and Te Whau Pathway Facebook and Instagram page.
20. The Competition Winner also consents to participate and cooperate as required in all promotional activities relating to the Competition. This primarily involves a photo of the winner wearing a t-shirt with their design on it.
21. All information provided by the entrants will be collected, used, stored, disclosed and corrected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. All entrants have the right to access their information and request for any personal information to be corrected.
22. Anyone not a resident of New Zealand at the time of the announcement of the winner is not eligible to win any prize. All entrants must be under age 18.
23. TWPET reserves the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the Competition at its sole discretion. TWPET also reserves the right to refuse to award the Prize to an entrant who is in breach of these Terms and Conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating in the Competition or won the Prize by using fraudulent means.
24. The Council acknowledges that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
25. TWPET will not be liable for any claims for loss, damage or injury whatsoever or for any physical or mental injury suffered by any entrant or the Competition Winner as a result of or in connection with the Competition or due to the Prize won in the Competition.
26. TWPET reserves the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions at any time at their sole discretion, including extending, postponing or canceling the Competition.
27. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.